Congressman Frank Wolf Pushes for Investigation of Benghazi Attack, at Six-Month Anniversary of Event
On six-month anniversary of attack, Northern Virginia congressman says 'time is now to right historic wrong.'
Marking the six-month anniversary of the terrorist attack in Benghazi that killed four Americans and seriously injured others, Republican Congressman Frank Wolf, who represents Virginia's 10th District, made the following statement Monday:
“Today is the six-month anniversary of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi that took four American lives and wounded untold others. Last week, Fox News confirmed, in response to my recent letter to Sec. Kerry, that at least one survivor is still recovering at Walter Reed – six months later," Wolf said in a statement released by his office.
“Six months later, none of the terrorists involved in the attack are in U.S. or foreign detention," Wolf said. "The FBI has only had access to a single suspect for a mere three hours, after waiting for months. The FBI is being denied access to another person of interest in Egypt.
“Six months later, none of the survivors have been identified or questioned by Congress about the attack or credited for their heroism. We don’t know their names, conditions or stories.
“Six months later, not a single American official has been held accountable or lost their job over the inadequate consulate security, intelligence failures or the administration’s abysmal response during the terrorist attack.
“After all this time, it’s shameful that the American public, the media, and – most importantly – the Obama administration has turned its back on the families of the victims and allowed terrorists to escape justice for this long. The time is now to right this historic wrong and pass my resolution to create a select committee to investigate this horrendous event.”
Wolf has been pushing for the creation of a select committee to investigate the Benghazi attack since last November. His legislation, H. Res. 36, currently has more than 50 cosponsors.