This Week's Weather: Rain Likely Through Wednesday
Temperatures take a dip Tuesday.
The week will start out soggy in Northern Virginia — and it will likely continue that way through Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
There's a 70 percent chance of rain Monday, a 30 percent chance Tuesday and a 70 percent chance Wednesday, the weather service predicts.
Monday's temperatures will remain unseasonably warm, with a high of 57 degrees. Temperatures are expected to take a dip beginning Tuesday with a high of 39 degrees. Wednesday temperatures warm up a bit to 45 degrees for the high.
Thursday through Saturday are shaping up to be good weather days, with mostly sunny skies and a high of 41 degrees Thursday and Friday, warming up to 45 degrees Saturday, according to the National Weather Service. The Weather Channel calls for clouds Thursday morning.
Looking ahead: If you're heading to the 2013 Presidential Inauguration on Jan. 21, the Weather Channel predicts the area will see partly cloudy skies, 8 mph winds, a high of 38 degrees and a 10 percent chance of rain.