On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Feb. 20 from the Fair Oaks and Sully police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Speeding (blue on map), 7 a.m., Feb. 16, Golden Oak Road/Saint Germain Drive, An officer conducted a traffic stop. The driver allegedly ran away while speaking with officers. Officer chased and captured Gaylord Ballesteros, 20, of Manassas. He was served a warrant for another jurisdiction, charged with driving on a suspended license, providing information to avoid arrest, speeding, and escaping police custody.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Three Arrested in Vehicle Vandalisms After receiving an anonymous tip from the Crime Solvers line, officers and detectives followed up with the information and charged three men in connection with vandalisms that occurred in the Centreville area last month.
David L. Stribling, 24 and Glen D. Edwards, Jr. 23 of Centreville and Tracy A. Carmichael, 21 of Manassas were arrested within recent weeks and face numerous felony and misdemeanor property destruction and larceny charges relating to the incidents. So far, a total of 19 charges have been placed in the case. The men were incarcerated in the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. Detectives continue to investigate and additional arrests may be pending.
Assault (red on map), 6:30 p.m., Feb. 16, 12900 block of Pinehurst Greens Court, A 16-year-old was walking into his home when he saw two men approaching. He entered the home and the men forced entry through a glass door. They struck the victim several times before fleeing. The victim was not seriously injured.
Larcenies (green on map):
- 6000 block of Anne Marie Terrace, cell phone from residence
- 4200 block of Airline Parkway, GPS and camera from vehicle
- 14600 block of Boac Circle, GPS from vehicle
- 13600 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, cash from business
- 13500 block of Moss Glen Road, tailgate from vehicle
- 5100 block of Pleasant Forest Drive, diamond earrings from business
- 14200 block of Sweetwater Lane, cell phone from business
- 14500 block of Trans World Avenue, driver’s licenses from vehicles
- 14300 block of Willard Road, dehumidifiers and air blowers from business
Vehicle Thefts (purple on map):
- 4700 block of Meadow Wood Lane, 1998 Honda Civic
See More on Patch
- Crime Report: Chantilly Man Charged with Assault, Being Drunk in Public
- Crime Report: Wallet, Keys, Liquor Stolen in Chantilly
- Burglar Enters Woman's Home at 3:30 AM Saturday Off of Lees Corner Road in Chantilly
- Police Helicopter, K9 Unit Search for Burglar After Garage Entry at 4 AM
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Beaten, Robbed by Acquaintance
Most Popular articles
- 'Love Your Show Babe:' Jack Diamond Exits MIX 107.3 FM
- Review and Trailer: 'Star Trek Into Darkness:' Excitement at Warp Factor 10
- Husband Collars Alleged Peeping Tom in Chantilly
- POLL: Will You Tune to Jack Diamond Replacement Show on 107.3?
- 2013 Hurricane Season: Potential Flooding, Power Outages On Tap This Summer