- It's time for a delicious DC-area summer tradition: Summer 2013 Restaurant Week started Monday. More than 200 restaurants in the greater Washington area are participating, including Falls Church’s 2941 Restaurant, Mad Fox Brewing Company, Open Kitchen and Pizzeria Orso. Participating restaurants will offer three-course meals for a set price — $20.13 for lunch or $35.13 for dinner.
- In case you missed it this past weekend, here's Patch's recent roundup of top news in Virginia and DC. This week's stories include an arrest made in a missing teen case and a spike in bike path crimes in Reston.
- Know before you go. Here are the most recent Virginia Health Department restaurant inspections for restaurants in the Chantilly area.
- Unlike students in many southern states and some surrounding areas, students in Fairfax County still have a few weeks before school begins. Is September too late to start school or is it just right? Join the conversation on Patch.
- A movie based on the D.C.-area sniper attacks of 2002 is set to be released in theaters next month.