Fairfax, VA – Patient First announces the expansion of its urgent and primary care services in Virginia with the opening of a new medical center in Chantilly on Wednesday, July 23, 2014. This marks the 9th Patient First center in the D.C. metro area.
Located at 3918 Centreville Road, just off of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, the new facility will serve residents of Chantilly, Dulles, Herndon and surrounding neighborhoods.
“The goal of Patient First is to provide convenient, cost-effective medical care on a walk-in basis,” says R.P. Sowers, M.D., founder and CEO of Patient First. “At the same time, our physicians and staff always work closely and in a collaborative fashion with the area’s existing medical community to provide care.”
Open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 365 days a year, Patient First physicians and their support staff are available for urgent care; work, school, camp, sports and travel physicals; occupational health; and primary care for patients who do not have a primary care physician.
For continuity of care, Patient First routinely transmits a copy of the visit record to the patient’s primary care physician according to the patient’s wishes. Routine primary care is available for patients who do not have a primary care physician.
The new Patient First center will offer medical care including:
- Urgent Care: Patient First provides treatment for routine injuries and illnesses – offering a convenient, lower-cost alternative to visiting a hospital emergency department. Services offered include care for colds, flu, allergic reactions, ear and sinus infections, pneumonia, minor burns, skin rashes, sprains, minor fractures, lacerations and sports injuries.
- Primary Care: Patient First physicians provide preventative and primary medical services for patients who do not have a regular physician. While appointments are not necessary, a patient selecting a Patient First physician for primary care can refer to the Patient First web site at www.patientfirst.com to see when their preferred physician is scheduled. Patients may also call the center for a three-day physician schedule.
- Digital X-Ray Services: Like all Patient First centers, the new Patient First – Chantilly location will be equipped with on-site digital x-ray equipment for routine x-rays.
- Lab Work: The new Patient First facility’s CLIA-approved laboratory will provide on-site services for routine office labs and send-out service for more complex tests.
- Prescriptions: As a convenience, Patient First dispenses routine prescription drugs on-site.
- Occupational Health: Since 1981, Patient First has provided Occupational Health services for employees and employers. These services include treatment for workplace injuries covered by Workers’ Compensation, as well as DOT physicals, drug screenings and work-site flu shots.
Patient First accepts all major insurance plans including Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, CareFirst (BCBS), CIGNA, Coventry, Humana, Kaiser Permanente, Medicare, Optima, TRICARE, UnitedHealthcare, and VHN. A complete listing of participating insurers can be found on the web site (www.patientfirst.com).