Looking to make your weekend last a little longer? We've got some suggestions for getting out Sunday:
1. Cub Run RECenter Swimming Pool: Grab your swimsuits and go play Marco Polo at this indoor pool made for hours of fun. Sunday's hours for the Leisure Pool are noon to 8 p.m. The pool features indoor/outdoor slides (including a tiny tot slide) spray features and a vortex "river." A list of all of the pool rules can be found here. Find admission fees here. For more information, call (703) 817-9407.
2. When's the last time you had a banana split? Try a frozen treat at Milwaukee Frozen Custard, 13934 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway. Sunday's "flavor of the day" is Butter Pecan. For more information, call (703) 263-1920.
3. Go retro and check out a Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys book at the Chantilly Regional Library, 4000 Stringfellow Road. Hours on Sunday are noon to 5 p.m.
4. Go for a hike and explore the 650-acre Ellanor C. Lawrence Park, 5040 Walney Road. Visit exhibits created especially for children, at the Walney Visitor Center, housed in a 1780 converted barn. Winter weekend hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
5. National Air and Space Museum, Stephen F. Udzar-Hazy Center, 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway. Lots to explore! Hours on Sunday are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is free. (Don't forget the $15 parking fee.)