What were the most popular stories on Chantilly Patch last week? Here are the top stories that caught readers' attention:
- What Time Are the Oscars on TV? Hollywood glitz and glamour will step out to hit the red carpet Sunday night as the 85th annual Academy Awards take over Tinsel Town. The annual Oscars, hosted this year by Seth MacFarlane, start with the red carpet at 7 p.m. on local ABC affiliate ABC 7 WJLA-TV. The awards show will begin immediately afterward, at 8:30 p.m.
- : Fairfax County employees likely won't see a raise in Fiscal Year 2014, according to County Executive Ed Long. The county faces dramatic budget shortfalls over the next two years and pay increases this year might not be financially feasible, Long told supervisors Tuesday during a divisive discussion of a new proposed employee pay structure.
- Sequestration: Pitting Federal Employees vs. Contractors? The Department of the Army issued a state-by-state analysis of its plans to implement spending cuts under sequestration. The proposed implementation plan would impose furloughs on hundreds of thousands of federal employees, and leave the Army's much larger and costlier contractor workforce relatively untouched.
- The Harlem Shake — Chantilly Edition: Heard of the Harlem shake? Then you'll want to watch this video (and if you haven't heard of it, it's the latest thing). Videos of people doing the shake are the latest craze to hit the Internet, and a "Harlem Shake (Chantilly Edition)" has seen more than 9,500 views on YouTube in one week.
- Car Talk: 2013 Ford Escape Review: Welcome to Car Talk, an occasional column on Patch, reviewing new vehicles on the market at area dealerships. The first vehicle, the 2013 Ford Escape SUV, was lent for review by Ford, who is prepared to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of our time with their wheels.