Make a plan by using this checklist, post it in a central location in your home where you can always refer back to it.
1. Schedule time in your calendar to include: baking, wrapping, decorating, holiday cards, shopping, holiday parties.
2. Create a budget and stick to it.
3. Purchase holiday cards or order online photo greeting cards
4. Have address labels and plenty of stamps ready
5. Inventory decorations/wrapping paper before purchasing new ones
6. Check condition of extension cords, lights and timers
7. Go through children's playroom/bedroom and donate to local charities.
8. Check gift closet for overflow gifts before buying new ones
9. Get wish list from each family member, plan with other family member's before gift buying so you're not overspending and duplicating.
10. Shop early in the day
11. Write out holiday menu
12. Start your house cleaning/organizing now — room at at time.
13. Use "The Or/gan/iz/er" check-off method
14. Play holiday music while decorating
15. Bake cookies ahead & freeze
16. Book your pet grooming appointment early
17. Make your hair, mani, pedi appointment now
18. Order your floral arrangement ahead of time
Then enjoy a glass of wine.
The Or/gan/iz/er will present a workshop on "Organizing for the Holidays" on Friday, Nov. 30 at the Helping Other's Home for the Holidays event at JJDeli located inside the Herndon Centennial Golf Course from 4 -9 p.m. FREE! Go to www.jackietheorganizer.com