Little Rocky Run Circle/Water Springs Court, tools from vehicle
14700 block of Willard Road, license plates from vehicle
Additionally, Fairfax County Police warn residents to take precautions to protect their bicycles from thieves. Crime analysts report an approximate 36 percent increase in the number of stolen bicycles when comparing similar time periods over the prior year, according to police.
Crime Prevention Officers suggest bicycle owners take the following precautions to help prevent theft:
- Close garage doors.
- Invest in a hardened steel U-lock.
- Don’t leave bicycles outside for days, or nights, on end. Thieves may be watching and may target “unused” bicycles.
- Consider installing motion sensor lights or alarms on your property.
- Take a photo of your bike and record the serial number; this will aid in recovery should your bike be stolen.
- Consider registering your bicycle on the National Bike Registry.
- Report the stolen item online.