Click here to see the blooms at the Tidal Basin, via the Cherry Blossom Cam.
An Earthcam camera is live streaming the blooms 24/7; Wednesday morning just before noon, people could be seen strolling, jogging and paddling in the paddle boats.
The weather looks to be cooperating during peak bloom. Here's the forecast for the next few days from the National Weather Service:
- Today (Wednesday, April 9): Party sunny, high 66 degrees
- Thursday: Sunny, high 70 degrees
- Friday: 30 percent chance of showers, high 72 degrees
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, high of 70 degrees
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, high of 73 degrees