Alf Laylah -- described as an Arabian oasis in the midst of the Metrotech shopping area -- has an undeniable originality. Owned and operated by Chantilly resident Sam Ayesh and his family since 2002, it is a combination restaurant and hookah bar that specializes in Arabian food and livens up the weekends with belly dancers and live entertainment.
Adding to its appeal is its unique atmosphere, with the walls painted completely with Arabic scenes, a dark lighting scheme and plenty of hookahs to go around. To top everything off, the food is top-notch. The likeable and friendly Sam can often be found mingling among the crowd, taking part in the fun. The Ayesh family is currently in the process of opening a second restaurant in Tyson's Corner.
- Fax: 703-378-7070
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - midnight; Fri, 11am - 2am; Sat, 4pm - 2am; Sun, 5pm - midnight
- Handicap Accessible: There is a lowered sidewalk ramp.
- Founding Date: 2002
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Halal, Low calorie, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.alflaylah.com/menu.htm
- Specialties: Arabian-influenced dishes, hookah and tobacco
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: International, Middle Eastern
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 28
- Features: Catering, Dancing, Dinner, Group-friendly, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Singles scene