Interested in a drawing for free groceries?
This weekend, the South Riding Giant Food store will provide a "tasting passport" to all customers during special event hours (Friday from 3 to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon to 4 p.m.), encouraging them to explore the changes throughout the store. A completed passport gives customers the opportunity to win free groceries for a month.
Friday morning, Giant officials and invited guests will kick off the festivities with a ribbon-cutting, check presentation and more beginning at 8:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Over the next four weekends, South Riding Giant, 25050 Riding Plaza Suite 100, customers will enjoy raffles, tastings, prizes and more.
In honor of the occasion, Giant will make a significant donation to Western Fairfax Christian Ministries, a local organization making a big difference in the community, during Friday’s grand re-opening celebration.
New elements at the South Riding Giant Food include:
- Upgraded and expanded produce department featuring the freshest fruits and vegetables and a new olive and salad bar.
- Redesigned floral department with a greater variety of fresh flowers.
- New gourmet cheese island offering more than 200 domestic and international cheeses and expanded prepared foods and “grab and go” offerings.
- Large natural and organic section, featuring full line of Giant Nature’s Promise products, including a new frozen section.
- Redesigned, customer-friendly bakery, featuring a large assortment of daily prepared fresh baked goods.
- Upgraded full-service seafood department adjacent to frozen seafood options for customer convenience.
- Expanded Grab and Go selection near full-service deli department.
- Customers continue to enjoy the convenience of an in-store PNC Bank.
- New areas featuring soda, water, paper, and seasonal item value offerings.